The Green Savings programme focuses on support for heating installations utilising renewable energy sources but also investment in energy savings in reconstructions and new buildings. The programme will support quality insulation of family houses and multiple-dwelling houses, the replacement of environment unfriendly heating for low-emission biomass-fired boilers and efficient heat pumps, installations of these sources in new low-energy buildings, installation of solar-thermal collectors as well as construction of new houses in the passive energy standard.
The Czech Republic has raised funds for this programme from the sale of emission credits under the Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gas emissions.
The Green Savings support has been set up so that the funds can be used throughout the period from the programme's launch until 31 December 2013. A subsidy may be applied for before or after implementing the measure, but support for measures completed before the programme's launch cannot be granted. The support is granted for equipment installed in residential houses, not buildings intended for individual recreation or industrial buildings, even if the applicant has their permanent residence there.
Basic Programme Structure
The programme is divided into these basic subsidised areas:
A. Energy savings in heating
- A.1. Complex insulation
- A.2. Partial thermal insulation
B. Construction in the passive energy standard
C. Use of renewable energy sources for heating and hot water preparation
- C.1. Replacement of environment unfriendly heating for low-emission biomass-fired sources and efficient heat pumps
- C.2. Installation of low-emission biomass-fired sources and efficient heat pumps in new buildings
- C.3. Installation of solar-thermal collectors
D. Subsidy bonus for selected combinations of measures - Some combinations of measures are eligible for a subsidy bonus (no more than once per building, even if more than one of the listed combinations is used).
E. Subsidies for preparing and executing the actions subsidized under the Programme
F. Energy savings in public buildings
Who is eligible for the subsidy?
Applicants eligible for the subsidy are owners and builders of family and multiple-dwelling houses subject to tax liability under Act No. 338/1992 Coll., namely:
- Natural persons (the subsidised measure is only intended for households)
- Associations of dwelling unit owners
- Housing cooperatives
- Cities, towns and municipalities (including municipal districts)
- Business entities, and/or
- Other legal entities.
List of Qualified Suppliers
and List of Subsidised Products
The programme's focus necessitates the use of such materials, products and equipment with such services that ensure the attainment of programme goals and environmental benefits for the community and, at the same time, guarantee the quality to project implementers. For this reason, only products, equipment and technologies listed in the List of Products and Technologies and services listed in the List of Qualified Suppliers are eligible for the programme subsidy.
Both lists are open to all suppliers and products that meet the pre-defined programme conditions. The entry in the list is not subject to the payment of a fee.
What brings Green Savings?
Investing in thermal insulation, purchasing solar collectors or other supported measures will cause your heating and hot water costs to drop. The investment will pay for itself over time, although the lump-sum investment cost may be relatively high, and you will also be helping the environment.
The Green Savings programme should also bring:
- A reduction in CO2 emissions of 1.1 million tons, which is 1% of all Czech emissions
- 6.3 PJ energy savings in heating, which represents an annual saving in household heating costs of billions of Czech crowns
- Creation or retention of 30,000 jobs
- Improvement of housing conditions for 250,000 households receiving the support
- 3.7 PJ increase in heat generation from renewable energy sources
- 2.2 million kg reduction in dust particle contamination.
How to apply?
Applications should be submitted in writing on the prescribed form, which can be obtained at regional SEP offices and authorised bank branches. Applications will be received and administered by two groups of agencies:
- Regional offices of the State Environmental Fund of the CR
- Authorised bank branches
- Banks administering the application also offer credits to cover the remaining part of the investment